Saturday, March 9, 2013

Making this look easy since 2010


- Adam W. Rodriguez    

Tonight I met with Bruce Salmon, the man behind the guitar and one of the reasons our shows are awesome. It is becoming procedure to spend a bit of time with Bruce outside of rehearsals to collaborate the opening number of the show. Usually, I find some bit of music I dig and write some lyrics loosely based on said music, show it to Bruce who then, kind of like a wizard, transforms it into a bit of awesomeness! I've worked with a few guitarists in my history of metal bands and comedy rock shows and find one thing that makes the experience totally kick ass, and that's the seamless ease with which these creations come to pass. I've definitely worked on music with dudes who weren't easy to jive with and the result is often a steaming pile of "What the hell was that?" You know the dynamic is sweet when a writing a song is more like two dudes shooting the shit instead of two dudes convincing each other they are the shit. What I'm saying is a talented and dependable musician is rare, like Hobbits, or Rhinotaurs.

 I'm totally psyched about the opening music number so far.


No comments:

Post a Comment